- Each child will be admitted to the class appropriate to his / her chronological age.
- In Key Stage 1 classes will not exceed 30 pupils.
- Wherever possible Key Stage 2 classes will not exceed 30 pupils.
The policy will be reviewed annually by the Governing Body of the school.
Criteria for over subscription:
Should there be an oversubscribed number of admissions for nursery or reception the LA will follow the criteria below to determine who would be admitted.
The following aspects will be taken into consideration and priority given in the following order.
- Relevant Looked After Children.
- Pupils living within the catchment area of the school.Pupils who have a brother or sister in attendance at the school and who will still be attending the school at the proposed admission date.
- Pupils who satisfy both of the following tests:
- They are distinguished from the great majority of applicants either on medical grounds or by other exceptional circumstances.
- They would suffer hardship if they were unable to attend the school.
Other pupils arranged in order of priority according to how near their home
- addresses are to the main gate (Johns Lane) of the school by the shortest
- available walking route as measured by the Children and Lifelong
- Directorate’s Geographical Information System.
Where it is not possible to accommodate all pupils applying for places within a particular year group in the school then the above criteria would also apply.
The Published Admissions Number for full time pupils at Moat Hall Primary School is 60 per year group.
The Published Admissions Number for part time pupils in the Nursery Class is 26 morning pupils and 26 afternoon pupils.
In accordance with legislation, children who have a statutory statement of special educational need that names a particular school as being the most appropriate to meet the child’s needs will be admitted to that school. This may reduce the amount of places available to other applicants.