Moat Hall in the Community
We are proud of our charity work, raising money for Children in Need, Comic Relief, Macmillan Cancer support and Birmingham Children's Hospital. Our parents and the local community are very generous in their support of our charitable work and also our fundraising initiatives to raise extra funding for school resources. Our initiatives include:
- Our Summer and Christmas Fayres, discos and other well supported events brings the community together to celebrate our successes.
- We have strong links with our local church where the children attend for Harvest, Christmas and Easter celebrations.
- We are involved in the yearly Poppy Appeal to support the Royal British Legion and our servicemen.
- Each year, we support the local food bank with Harvest produce sent in from our families and at Christmas our choir visits local care home residents to entertain them.
- We invite grandparents into school to have a school meal and spend time with their grandchildren.
- Local childminders meet in our community room to spend time socialising together with the children in their care. (See photo above)
- We hire out our premises to local businesses who provide community activities such as karate classes and holiday play schemes.
- We supported Great Wyrley Defibrillators ..the WD's...with their initiative to install defibrillators in the community. There is one installed in school which is for community use during our opening hours. Read the news report here.
Take a look at the links below for some of the community activities taking place in school!